Oct 3, 2011

DHC Cleansing Oil Review

I found DHC Cleansing Oil after searching high and low for a cleanser that would remove my zinc based sunscreen efficiently. My first thought was "why on earth would I want to place oil on my face"....but once I got over that fear I decided to give it a try. If like me you live in fear of putting anything on your face that could possibly clog your pores I can announce 'Do not worry'! DHC Cleansing Oil actually does a very good job (in fact a great job) at not only removing the zinc SS but also removing makeup (even waterproof eye makeup). It did not leave an oily residue or (in my experience) clog pores or break me out. In fact it did a great job of dissolving the oils that may be clogging your pores. I choose to follow up with a facial cleanser (Cetaphil) along with my Clarisonic but this is just a personal choice and I am sure others will find using the DHC Cleansing Oil alone will be sufficient.
Apparently, it is also rated as being very good to use if you have oily or acne prone skin before using a glycolic cleanser (or any other acne cleanser) as those alone do not always do a sufficient job of removing makeup.
It is a little costly at $26.00 for a 6.7oz but I choose to only use this when I have a zinc based SS on and a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment