Oct 20, 2011

Best Volumizing Mascara's

Since using (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% eyelash growth serum I have like so many of you out there, found it difficult to find a mascara that works with my now 'incredibly long' lashes. Why you might ask? Well in my 'pre' long lash days I only had to set my attention on finding a mascara that 'lengthend' my lashes where as now I only need one that produces volume. The problem I have found is that 'volume' usually equates to a very thick and 'clumpy' consistency of which I despise!
Below are some of those I have tried with my personal opinion as to how I rate them for those of us who are only looking for volume,

Maybelline Full 'n' Soft


This is my overall favorite....it does exactly as the name states and gives me 'Full N Soft' lashes. It does not clump and only requires one coat to give me the finished look I want. It dries incredibly fast and I have learned to work speedily with it. I choose to use the non waterproof version purely because I do not like having to use excess force around the eye area when removing mascara and I can promise you that this product has never run or smudged whilst I have been using it...even when I am working out. I have ventured away from this on a couple of occasion's to try other products but always return to it. This really is a HG staple of mine.

Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes


I purchased this mascara from Costco on a 'two for one' promo which was a great deal. At first I found the brush a little on the large size for me personally but overall this is again a 'good' mascara. I found this does require at least two coats but it gives very good fullness. It lasts all day without smudging and I rate this second to Maybelline Full N Soft.





Maybelline Lash Stiletto
Due to the name of this mascara being 'Stiletto' you are led to believe that it would lengthen your lashes and I was a little reluctant to try this due to only wanting fullness. However this does not have any fibers which are often used to create the lengthening appearance. This is a good mascara, but not great in my opinion. When I first pulled the wand from the container I immediately noticed the dreaded 'clumps' and on the advice of a dear friend I took a clean tissue and gently wiped the brush so as to remove the excess product. Once I had done this and applied it to my lashes I was pleasantly surprised by the results. It went on very smoothly (clump free), took a little longer to dry than the Full N Soft and needed two coats. I again chose to use the non water proof version and this did not run or smudge throughout the day. The main downside to this mascara was the need to wipe the excess from the brush with every use hence why I give it a 'good' rather than a 'great' rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment