May 16, 2013

Boxtlak BL Anti Aging Cream

                                                                                 
Recently I have been looking into 'Peptides' in relation to skin care and decided to test Boxtlak-BL Cream. Prior to beginning a months trial on the product I looked all over the web for any reviews but to no avail and I can only put this down to the fact that it is possibly not well known due to lack of marketing. But before I give the result of my testing lets talk a little about the benefits of peptides for anti aging.

What Are The Benefits Of Peptides

Skin is made up mostly of collagen and it is collagen that gives our skin the plump fullness of youth. Young people have plenty of collagen hence why they have firm, smooth skin but as we age we loose collagen.
Peptides signal your skin to create more collagen and as we age collagen is destroyed but not replaced, therefore our skin becomes thin and wrinkled. The obvious choice is to replace the lost collagen but the question is how?
Peptides act as a signal telling your skin that it needs to make more collagen and the best way to do this is to apply peptides topically 'tricking' your skin into thinking that it needs to make more.
Peptide molecule's are small therefore enabling them to penetrate the skins protective barriers so as to get to the deeper layers. Peptides stake claim to not only promoting collagen production but also acting as antioxidants and this can be found in product lines such as Neova and Strivectin as well as the less costly options like Oil of Olay's Regenerist and Neutrogena's Visibly Firm Night Cream.

Neuropeptides May Have Botox Like Effects?

I am not too sure about this claim as there has not been sufficient research to prove this point. However, it has been noted that 'some' peptides (Argireline) has been shown to block transmission of signals to nerves to facial muscles but due to to small quantities used it is very unlikely.

Results and Conclusion

After giving Boxtlak BL a test period of one month I have concluded that I really do like this product.
Taking into consideration that I am a Retin A, Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Obagi user I cannot claim that using it alone would be of any benefit but used with my regular skincare routine I have been pleasantly surprised as to how it has complimented my skin. I have noticed that when applying Boxtlak BL first thing in the morning it does not leave any residue on my skin and my makeup apply's flawlessly requiring no primer or moisturizer whatsoever. I have noticed a subtle difference in the plumpness of my skin and I am hoping that with continued regular use I will get even better results.

Boxtlak BL Cream Description

The proprietary skin-active ingredients found in Boxtlak cream increase the rate of skin cell turnover as effectively as retinoid therapy without the redness, irritation and flaking frequently associated with retinoids. (clinical trial results on file).. Centella Asiatica extract has been shown in clinical studies to strengthen capillary walls, leading to improvement or eradication of small broken vessels on the face and nose when used daily. What does this all this mean to YOU? Quite simply...Younger, healthier looking skin, with better color, texture and elasticity. DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Apply small quantity to clean, dry face twice per day

INGREDIENTS: 

Aqua, Tamarindus Indica Extract, Centella Asiatica, Caprilic Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide (BonT-L), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetyl Olivate, Ceteryl Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Olive Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Sea Kelp Extract, Soja Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Sunflower Oil, Allantoin, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Acetyl Tyrosine, Glycerine, Vegetable Protein, Proline, Adenosine Triphosphate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Cetyl Palmitate, Silanetriol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Paraben, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Propyl Paraben.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is very nice. Thanks for sharing this tip about skin care product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Do you have any updates on this cream, are you still using it and would you recommend it and how does it compare to retinol cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LIssy
      I do still use it along with Retin A and I especially like it when my skin becomes a little on the dry side. However, I do not feel this is in anyway a replacement for Retin A.
      Have you started using Retin A or are you just considering it?

      Delete