Sep 19, 2012

Beautyblender Sponge Review

I know this item has been on the market for quite some time but I finally succumbed.
The Beauty Blender Official website states:
'Now you can look like a movie star without the pricey services of a major make up artist. Introducing Beautyblender, the ultimate make up sponge applicator. Invented by top Hollywood make up artist Rea Ann Silva, Beautyblender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion. Silva knows that the key to a perfect face is simple: a perfect blend. So forget your fingers or sharp-edged triangular sponges, these application methods waste make up and can leave visible streaks.
Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free'.
I followed the instructions and held the Beautyblender under running water (cool) and squeezed it half a dozen times. Whilst doing this the Beautyblender increased approximately double in size I then I squeezed the excess water out and finally placed the Beautyblender inside a clean washcloth so as to remove the moisture leaving it slightly damp but 'not' wet.
I must admit that before trying this I thought it was going to be another beauty 'fad' that would prove to be a waste of time and money but I was wrong!
I have tried numerous methods of apply foundation including foundation brushes, sponges, fingers and a stippling brush (which up until trying the Beautyblender was my favorite method) but without doubt the Beautyblender in my opinion really is the best so far. I now understand what all the hype is about and I can say with confidence that the Beautyblender will be the only way I will apply foundation from now on.
Application Method:
I prepped my skin in the usual way, sunscreen followed by primer and placed a small amount of foundation in the palm of my hand. I gently touched the Beautyblender onto the foundation and 'tapped' this onto my face and was amazed as to how easy and 'fool-proof' this was.
The Beautyblender is perfectly shaped. The 'larger' end is for the overall face and the 'narrower' end for around the eyes and nose.
This without doubt is the most simple and fastest method I have ever used to apply my foundation.
Overall application finish:
Foundation appears flawless when applied with the Beautyblender and even if you have dry or flaky skin the 'tapping' method used is so gently and non irritating that it does not cause the skin flakes to lift, in fact the complete opposite occurs....everything stays in place just like we need it too!
Pro's:
Simple to use
Perfect for all skin types especially dry or flaky (Retin A user here)!
Gives a 'flawless' finish to makeup
Gives fuller coverage using less product (foundation)
Con's:
A little on the expensive side, but still cheaper than some of the foundation brushes out there
Would I recommend this to a friend?
Yes...without hesitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment