May 28, 2012

CeraVe cleansing Products

CeraVe Foaming Cleanser
This is a staple Gel cleanser for me when I have been wearing a Physical sunscreen. First I remove the Physical SS using the oil cleansing method followed by CeraVe Foaming Cleanser and my skin always feels so fresh and clean afterwards.
It states that this is for Normal to Oily skin and even though I have Normal skin with the occasional dry patch I find it works extremely well for me.
The majority of foaming cleansers I have tried in the past have left my skin feeling extremely parched of moisture but this is not the case with CeraVe Foaming Cleanser.

Pro's: 
Removes all traces of oil cleanser.
Does NOT dry my skin out.
Supposedly excellent for those suffering with acne (however I cannot vouch for this as I do not suffer with acne).
Fragrance free.
Leaves skin feeling very clean without feeling dry and 'stripped'.
Does not 'over' foam (which I prefer).
Rinses off easily.
Con's:
Low foaming (this is only a negative if you want a high foaming product).
Could be drying so I would not recommend this for those who have suffer with excessive dry skin.
CeraVe® Foaming Facial Cleanser Ingredient List:
Purified Water
Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine
Glycerin
Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate
PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Terastearate and PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides
Niacinamide
Propylene Glycol
Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate
Ceramide 3
Ceramide 6-II
Ceramide I
Hyaluronic Acid
Cholesterol
Sodium Chloride
Phytosphingosine
Citric Acid
Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Carbomer
Xanthan Gum
                                  


CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
This is another cleanser by CeraVe which I highly recommend trying. Unlike the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser this is a very hydrating product which leaves my skin feeling silky and clean. I do intend to favor this product if I have not worn a physical sunscreen as I find it much more hydrating than the foam version. This is a very gentle cleanser so much so that when I first tested this product I was concerned as to if it was actually 'cleansing' my skin and therefore decided to swipe my face with an alcohol toner to make sure that it was doing its job. I can safely say that it does as my cotton pad was totally clean and residue free. So even though this cleanser may feel too gentle and soft to be doing a good job I can assure you it does. However this is not for you if you prefer a product that produces 'sud's' or 'foam' as this is in lotion form.  
Pro's:
Excellent for dry/sensitive skin
Fragrance free
Leaves skin feeling clean not tight
Con's:
Probably not advisable for those who have excessively oily skin or for acne prone skins
CeraVe® Hydrating Cleanser Ingredient List:
Purified Water
Glycerin
Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol
Cetyl Alcohol
Stearyl Alcohol
Glyceryl Monostearate
Hyaluronic Acid
Ceramide 1
Ceramide 3
Ceramide 6-II
Cholesterol
Phytosphingosine
Potassium Phosphate
Dipotassium Phosphate
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Disodium EDTA
Polyoxyl stearate
Polysorbate 20
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate
Carbomer
Xanthan Gum

1 comment:

  1. Cerave PM did a number on my pores (v.clogging)so that I had been turned off by the brand entirely.
    However I may try the cleanser(s) (simply b/c I highly regard your rec's!)

    ReplyDelete